ediNow is a the only complete EDI solution using next generation technologies. It combines the Oakland Data Transformer (ODT), an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache Camel (Talend, FuseSource) and Mule ESB) and the ECGridOS EDI Communications Network.
ediNow seamlessly integrates these technologies providing the following:
- Connect with virtually anything (web services, applications, files, databases) using the ESB.
- Transform your data from XML, Java, flat files (including COBOL) or database to and from EDI using the ODT.
- Use of ECGridOS for robust, reliable and high performance EDI communications to any trading partner. ediNow provides the connectivity between the ESB and ECGridOS.
- Administer your system using the browser-based ediNow console to connect with ECGridOS.
- Standard EDI translator capabilities such as trading partner management, generation and receipt of Functional Acknowledgments, reconciliation, logging and auditing.
Current legacy technology provides a single integrated product stack for EDI translation and connectivity with significant limitations in dealing with modern application environments; you must rely on a single vendor's product for all aspects of your EDI communications. ediNow combines the best available technology providing much higher functionality and ease of use. It leverages ESB technology for connectivity to anything, ODT transformation for the most productive mapping environment, and ECGridOS for reliable EDI transmission.
- Create definitions and maps using the designer that runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. The designer is based on the Eclipse platform
- Definitions for X12 and EDIFACT EDI provided. (Definitions for specific IGs like Walmart might also be provided)
- Easily create a custom definition based on a standard for a specific IG. Direct printing the IG from the definition. All comments, notes, validation rules, etc are captured as part of the definition.
- Robust version migration that preserves customizations when upgrading.
- EDI, XML Schema/DTD/WSDL, COBOL Copybook, Database, and Java definitions can be imported.
- Extensive support for sample documents so that it's easy to see actual values when mapping.
- You can create definitions using maps, so creating a positional definition based on data from a spreadsheet for example is a snap.
- Develop the map in the context of sample documents.
- The definitions are tightly integrated with the map, so one click gives you all definition field attributes, comments, notes, etc.
- Automatic validation of both input and output of the map against definition rules.
- Extensive support for custom validation and error reporting.
- Rich mapping function library.
- Mapper is easy enough to use for non-technical person (like a business analyst).
- Lots of productivity enhancers in mapper: automatic date conversion, incremental map execution, code value mapping wizard, filters to quickly search for the correct code values, etc.
- Choice of leading ESBs for data connectivity; the transformer and ECGridOS connectivity is well integrated.
- ESB technology provides connectivity to nearly everything.
- ESB provides robust management and extensive features for high performance, reliability, and integration.
EDI Translation and Transport
- Browser-based trading partner and message administration.
- All trading partner and persistent administration data is kept in the ECGridOS network for ease of access and security.
- Seamless connectivity between the ESB and the ECGridOS network.
- Complete trading partner management.
- Generation, consumption and reconciliation of EDI Functional Acknowledgements.
- Message viewing and archiving. Quickly identify problem messages at any level.